Ohiofarmgirl's Adventures in The Good Land is largely a fish out of water tale about how I eventually found my footing on a small farm in an Amish town. We are a mostly organic, somewhat self sufficient, sustainable farm in Ohio. There's action and adventure and I'll always tell you the truth about farming.


Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Smoke gets in your eyes.... bacon smoke!

Yesterday was bacon smoking day.... it was glorious!

Just like heaven.

I had the smoker stuffed full of home cured bacon...

The "before"....cured but not smoked.


.... add some apple wood smoke and it was intoxicating.

Action shot.


...and then it was done. 

I have one more round of bacons to smoke today then I'll be able to concentrate on the dry cured pancetta I have hanging all over the basement.

Happy Tuesday everyone!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...