Ohiofarmgirl's Adventures in The Good Land is largely a fish out of water tale about how I eventually found my footing on a small farm in an Amish town. We are a mostly organic, somewhat self sufficient, sustainable farm in Ohio. There's action and adventure and I'll always tell you the truth about farming.


Monday, April 13, 2015

Bird of Prey?

So I found this in the yard the other day......

 Little pile of bones and fur.

Right under here.

I think this is from a hawk?  Initially there was a lot of the white poop-like stuff you find with bird droppings but then just this little pile of bones remained the next day.

I'll be keeping a close eye on the chickens!

Happy Monday!

4 comments:

David said...

Owl maybe? Can you tell what the bones are? Mouse?

IanH said...

I would suspect an owl, as they upchuck those parts that aren't digestible.

Carolyn said...

Owl pellet.

Vera said...

There's always something somewhere that wants to eat livestock, so I hope that those leavings are from a wild animal like a mouse, or better still, a rat! Hope your poultry stays safe. No worries for us this year because we don't have any chicks, ducklings or goslings to be raided on!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...