Ohiofarmgirl's Adventures in The Good Land is largely a fish out of water tale about how I eventually found my footing on a small farm in an Amish town. We are a mostly organic, somewhat self sufficient, sustainable farm in Ohio. There's action and adventure and I'll always tell you the truth about farming.


Thursday, May 1, 2014

Just a couple blooms....

Wow what a rain yesterday - it was a supersoaker. Nothing like what my friends in Florida had to deal with but it will take awhile for this water to run off.

 There are a few things starting to bloom, tho. Like these dogwoods....


And the dandelions...

I spied a few apple blossoms also. My notes indicate these are a bit late. But maybe this will save them from a late frost. Anything could happen with this crazy weather we've been having.

The good news is that everything is coming up in my greenhouse.  I won't be able to transplant anything for a while yet - at least until the garden dries out. The ground is still pretty cold also - so I'll just keep waiting for conditions to improve.

Happy Thursday everyone!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...