Ohiofarmgirl's Adventures in The Good Land is largely a fish out of water tale about how I eventually found my footing on a small farm in an Amish town. We are a mostly organic, somewhat self sufficient, sustainable farm in Ohio. There's action and adventure and I'll always tell you the truth about farming.


Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Baking on a Snow Day

Yesterday was a baking day to combat the evil Snow of Doom. The dogs couldn't have been happier with The White Death out there making everyone miserable.... to combat the cold, I had a happy baking day.


Remember last year about this time I received The Best Gift Ever.... the awesome Dahlia Bakery Cookbook signed and sent by Chef Tom Douglas. I figured I should celebrate the (almost) anniversary of my Major Award by baking that terrific Hot Buttered Rum Apple Pie. But alas, I had no rum... undeterred I still made the pie. Of course you can make it without the rum - it's still a fabulous apple pie.

The masterpiece before baking. And yes. It was delicious.

I really love this cookbook. The best thing that I learned about this pie is to bake it very slowly - this allows the filling to get extra delicious and the pie crust to become flaky and amazing. It also a great way to keep the house warm on a snow day.

Pretty sure you all know what I'm having for breakfast....

Happy Wednesday everyone!


1 comment:

buddeshepherd said...

I love pie, and fresh bread, and cinnamon roles and the left over crust from pie with sugar and cinnamon on it and a woodstove and I miss my grandma, waaaaaaaaa....
Now I am too depressed to go to work. I think I will have more coffee and watch Mr. Ed... I wonder if Mr. Ed is free on our Amazon Prime subscription.
Have you ever seen Mr. Ed in spanish?
It is all indecipherable until he says, "Wilbur..."

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...