Ohiofarmgirl's Adventures in The Good Land is largely a fish out of water tale about how I eventually found my footing on a small farm in an Amish town. We are a mostly organic, somewhat self sufficient, sustainable farm in Ohio. There's action and adventure and I'll always tell you the truth about farming.


Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Farmer Liz's Truth

Did everyone see Farmer Liz's Truth About Farming post last week?  She has a beautiful picture of what, I think, our city friends think our lives are like.

Ha!

I've never had that evening.... but it sure seems nice. I like that Farmer Liz did a snap shot of what her day is like. I'd do that too but I've been up since 5:30am and now I need to get out there and rake up the hay I cut yesterday in case it rains.

Assume my day look likes: get up early, work work work, get bitten by every bug and insect out there, get sun scorched, get chased by that mean tom turkey, have the cable guy show up unexpectedly, he didn't get chased by the turkey but he said he felt kinda bad that the chickens were laughing at him while he was working. Me too, friend, me too. Finish the day with canning, dinner, chaos while doing chores, run for the safety of the house and go to bed.

Happy Tuesday everyone!


2 comments:

Sunnybrook Farm said...

That day sounded like mine yesterday only it was the propane delivery guy and we don't have turkeys. Our chickens have been trained not to laugh at me. You didn't mention briers and barbed wire so maybe you don't deal with that.

Ohiofarmgirl said...

*shows scratches on arms* oh we have plenty of that too, SBF. and we have that stupid wild rose - its practically indestructible but we are giving it a go.
;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...