Ohiofarmgirl's Adventures in The Good Land is largely a fish out of water tale about how I eventually found my footing on a small farm in an Amish town. We are a mostly organic, somewhat self sufficient, sustainable farm in Ohio. There's action and adventure and I'll always tell you the truth about farming.


Monday, May 21, 2012

Strawberries are here.....

Look what surprised me on Sunday - the strawberries are here!





They are just stunning and incredibly tasty. I got a nice little bucket of berries with more to come. But we won't have enough of our own so I'm going to the Upick place later this week.


Happy Monday everyone - aren't you loving the early harvests!


7 comments:

becky3086 said...

Lucky you! I bought 3 sets of strawberries this year and none of them did anything! Geez, and I didn't even buy them at the same places.

freemotion said...

Gorgeous! Oh, I hope I get strawberries this year...there are zillions out in my patch, but last year the rain rotted them. HOPING! What will you do with those berries? Or did they make it into the house?

Robin said...

My first ripe strawberry was half eaten by a bird! I guess it's time to get the netting out!

I'm going to have to go to a Upick farm too. There won't be enough strawberries here this year.

Kaela said...

What is your secret to growing strawberries?! Mine always end up mush before the get to full size, and I live one town over from the damn strawberry festival!

Damummis said...

Couple weeks behind you, but tons of flowers.

David said...

Lovely! - Jewels of nature.....

Ohiofarmgirl said...

thanks Becky! i'm so glad these plants worked!

What will I do with them Free? Ha just check out today's post! And there will be jam.. oh yes...

"Hey you birds! Get away from my berries!" ha!, Robin, I'm picking mine as fast as I can.

Hi Kaela! My secret is... I got lucky. Honestly I did everything wrong and I can't believe it worked. I got just a few berries last year when I planted them but this year they are doing great. I planted them where I had beans previously - and I mulched them well. That's all I can think of.

Hey Damummis! Enjoy those blooms!

They are just beautiful, Dave, I love the colors of summer!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...