Ohiofarmgirl's Adventures in The Good Land is largely a fish out of water tale about how I eventually found my footing on a small farm in an Amish town. We are a mostly organic, somewhat self sufficient, sustainable farm in Ohio. There's action and adventure and I'll always tell you the truth about farming.


Monday, May 14, 2012

Lilacs are blooming

The lilacs are blooming - they are just stunning.


The weekend was extremely productive... we spend all day planting Saturday and then it rained steadily all day Sunday - it was perfect. Monday will be more of the same. Either it will rain all day... or I'll be planting.

Happy Monday everyone!

4 comments:

Tami said...

Mmm, That's one thing I DO miss living down here in NC.

I planted one right under our bedroom window in our first house there in Ohio. I loved the smell, the heaviness of the blooms.

I hope you clip some and take them in the house. BTW That's a really pretty color for a lilac bush.

Tiffany said...

I love it when the weather works out that way!

Ohiofarmgirl said...

Hi Tami! the lilacs are so fragrant you cant believe it! i can smell them across the yard!

Its gonna be another great day here, TW!

David said...

No lilacs in the yard. I miss them from when I was growing up...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...